The Executive Board of the German Woodworking Machinery Association (VDMA) elected Pekka Paasivaara, Chief Executive Officer of HOMAG Group AG in Schopfloch, as its new Chairman at its regular meeting on 27 November 2018.
At his own request, his predecessor Wolfgang Pöschl will be handing over his mandate as CEO at WEINIG AG in Tauberbischofsheim at the end of the year, thereby leaving the board of the trade association in accordance with the articles of incorporation. For six and a half years, Pöschl chaired the trade association and made a decisive contribution to the thematic reorientation of the world's leading trade fair LIGNA.
In its composition, the Executive Board represents the product segments of the German woodworking machinery industry. The executive committee is now composed as follows:
- Pekka Paasivaara, HOMAG Group AG, Schopfloch (Chairman)
- Dr. Dieter Siempelkamp / Siempelkamp, Krefeld (Honorary Chairman)
- Dr. Stefan Brand / Vollmer, Biberach
- Frank Diez / Leuco, Horb
- Markus Hüllmann / G. Kraft Mechanical Engineering, Rietberg
- Jürgen Köppel / Leitz, Oberkochen
- Matthias Krauss / Mafell, Oberndorf
- Klaus-Jürgen Lange / Anthon, Flensburg
- Dr. Stefan Möhringer / Möhringer, Wiesentheid
- Olaf Rohrbeck / Robert Bürkle, Freudenstadt
- Peter Schaeidt / Baal & Zembrod, Altshausen